About Blog

this blog is dedicated to all the people out there..who are stuck in their clichéd everyday life...but are true ROCKSTARS in their alter egos...(Do you see a Mark Zuckerberg or a Beyonce..when you look at yourself in the mirror??)...I do ..:-) The unusual but identifying stories of a middleclass girl trying to survive in this moral and modern world....:-)

Thursday 3 July 2014

Tomorrow is Friday!!!...

Now this cannot be any better day to write this post. But before that let me ask you a question what comes after a Thursday...(and no I am not an idiot or drunk right now)..the answer when we would have been in school, college or unemployed would be a simple monotonous Friday...ya we learn this in kindergarten..

And now let me answer it as an IT professional or a martian being grilled for ten-eleven hours in front of that PC - It is FRIDAY!!!! (yayy)..a day which comes with a bit of solace and justifications for our never-ending miseries and tortures of those five working days..Sometimes I ask myself  - Do I only live for weekends or do I only remember them..I think so..ya..So technically do we live only for eight days of month..seriously!!!..twenty two days of death-defying tricks, plays, and politics for eight days..and ya many of you might be having a ratio of 26:4 here...(and I started sulking again)..

 Have you ever noticed the speed of your steps on a Friday evening (and no I am not turning into a marathon trainer here)...it's the march of liberation..the sweet sense of  48 hours of pure freedom..and the planning starts...to sleep (ya we are the most sleep deprived ones after the parents of a newborn), to read, to trek..to workout...but finally end up going to our best and the most visited place...our favorite pub...You know sometimes I feel that it should be renamed as - Professional Unleashing  Booths...may be..they will someday..       
                                                  
Weekend of an IT professional and cocktail saga go hand in hand, side by side...I am not able to find any better word here to show the bond (Here I would like to mention and bow to all my friends from dry states...guys hats off to you for surviving all that without the magic potion..)..Everybody has their favorite ones but as per the current trends tequila on fire is the ray of hope for the corporates.:-)..Though limited to a mock tail, I started sympathizing with all these tortured and bruised souls..trying to find some piece of mind after 40-45 hours of agony called projects, code,
bugs, pre-sales, revenue...and what not...

As the evening progresses even the most strategic key team player of the project starts blabbing about his frustration about his boss or boss ka boss (this happens always...and again and again).. and you realize after sometime that this person whom you hate the most and have dreamt of killing him or her several times is not after all that bad..just a victim of the situation...aww...and when it happens..just remember..it's time to wind up and go home (do not drive & take  a cab).. :-)         

 I remember one of the cartoon shared recently on fb which depicted that the liver and wallet would be the most happy ones..if you decide to stay at home on the weekend...hmm..dude I got it what you are trying to say here...I am trying to find and adjust to the relationship between these magic potions and our profession...till then "All Hail the Beer Gods & .Net, JAVA, SAP etc etc.."...:-)  

Please like us and comment -  https://www.facebook.com/moralmodernandmiddleclass

6 comments:

  1. Lol absolutely true.... n yes... tomorrow is a friday!!!(yay!!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Prashant..keep commenting and keep sharing..:-) really motivates me to write..

      Delete
  2. I think of so many things between Saturday morning to evening...but at Monday morning...aaah....sometimes I feel like missed out on many things.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya DJ..its the same for me...thanks for commenting...keep sharing and commenting..:-)

      Delete
  3. I don't know if you've seen it - there's a meme which shows a penguin bouncing around (coz it's Friday) and a polar bear dragging itself coz it's a Monday. It had me in splits. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will surely try to find it. Thanks for dropping by pixelvoyages. See you around.

      Delete