About Blog

this blog is dedicated to all the people out there..who are stuck in their clichéd everyday life...but are true ROCKSTARS in their alter egos...(Do you see a Mark Zuckerberg or a Beyonce..when you look at yourself in the mirror??)...I do ..:-) The unusual but identifying stories of a middleclass girl trying to survive in this moral and modern world....:-)

Friday 4 July 2014

Summer Vacations, Me & WWE..

I remember spending hours watching WWE or WWF during our summer vacation . The most dreadful three months span for our mothers (daddy dearest use to be at work) as we monsters use to be at home, full of boredom and on the verge of some disastrous prank or khurafat. As many of you might be aware of the ruthless heat of North India, we use to have no scope of going out and Mathura (where we grew up) being a small town..there were no recreational activities either..(sans our tuition)..

So there we were with our TV and WWF (aka WWE) and its world of character including
(pic courtesy - http://throughthefirewall.blogspot.in)
Undertaker, Shawn Michael.. Rock, Steve Austin, Mankind, Bret Heart..and so on...And ya how can I forget the evil Vince McMahon plotting and planning with the other McMahon clan..I still remember the racing and pounding of my heart just hearing the entry song of Shawn Michael..(I recently downloaded it from youtube)..The raised eyebrow of Rock (aka Dwayne Johnson) and his Rock Bottom..Stunner of Steve Austin and the BIG one use to be the Choke Slam of the Undertaker...

Seriously we believed in all those storylines (and I am using this word storyline because Wikipedia says so ..I still don't believe in it :-))..of Stephanie Macmahon & HHH (the love saga) or Undertaker & Kane (Family Tragedy) and so on...How religiously and obsessively we use to watch the Cage Match, or the Ladder Match or the favorite of all ROYAL RUMBLE.. never ever raising a suspicion over their realities...And this madness further turned into those WWF cards, stickers, bubblegums...etc...My brother use to have a fight almost everyday over these cards with the mohalla kids.. ("tere paas teen undertaker hain...ek mujhe de aur mera best friend ban ja")....

And you might be thinking ..how the hell she can write three paras about WWE...well recently I saw the retiring match of the Undertaker (notice my "the" before Undertaker) and cried for a good fifteen minutes after that..(with my better half sitting next to me visibly puzzled and not knowing how to pacify me)...don't know the reason why I did so...but I guess all the kids who have grown watching him might be able to relate with me...I will be really really missing his dark scary entry, his signature tune (google it guys..I am sure you will like it)..his Harley's...and last but not the least his white eyes..

But guys ..No !! Don't feel emotional or bad for me ...Well I have found a new muse for me  - John Cena (watching him right now)....he's something to watch for...Right.. :-)       

Please like us and comment -  https://www.facebook.com/moralmodernandmiddleclass                                   

2 comments:

  1. Went back to memory lane. Those good old school days watching wwf with my bro and even practising the famous Chokslam of Undertaker. I still have those cards and tattos.
    Keep writing and we will keep enjoying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those old days are really unforgettable..thanks Anasua for commenting...Do read about the other post also and keep commenting and sharing too.. It really motivates me

    ReplyDelete