About Blog

this blog is dedicated to all the people out there..who are stuck in their clichéd everyday life...but are true ROCKSTARS in their alter egos...(Do you see a Mark Zuckerberg or a Beyonce..when you look at yourself in the mirror??)...I do ..:-) The unusual but identifying stories of a middleclass girl trying to survive in this moral and modern world....:-)

Thursday 10 July 2014

Frustrating ...our job...well ask him..

After working for almost eight - nine years, there are days (which is very often) when I question my identity and purpose as an IT professional (and no I have not attended any Art of Living classes recently). And this self loathing mode of mine deepens when there are team issues, late night meetings, weekend tasks, and biggest of all is a bad tempered team member (and this list can go on to infinity). From entering to leaving office premise, the only mood in which we always are is Frustrated and I can say with full confidence that the most heard and said word of our corporate life is "Frustrated". Don't believe me..ok..just count the number of times you say or think about it in your day ..I already did..The most common one's are "Yar I am frustrated from this job or from this project, or from my boss, or my client, or my salary, or my company etc. etc.". I bet you will not find a single person in IT who can't spell this word correctly.

So to get out of this frustration camp, I attended a corporate training on Self Motivation recently. After surviving four hours of speech of this lady, who rather looked like a model coming straight from a salon and was clueless (I felt so) of our twelve hours agony, I had an Eureka moment . I learnt that "Self Motivation" was the answer of my miseries and I need to find a self motivator in my life. Though I didn't believed her or the concept but thought of giving it a try.

And recently I found one..no he's not Obama or Steve Jobs..he's our society's very own "kabadi wala (junk/scrap dealer)"..I know you might be smiling while reading this...but you can find big things in small
places..right!!. I have been living in this society for almost three years and have always found him sitting on his usual place (i.e. under a small tree) from 8 -7, all days of week irrespective of any weather conditions. People come and bargain with him on
toota foota ghar ka saman, old newspapers, plastic articles, glass bottles etc etc..Sometimes arguments happens for his weighing skills also i.e. "itna kam taula ya utna jyada chadaya" and even investigation happens for his scale as well as weights. But to my surprise, I always find him smiling and happily explaining the rate cards to his customers. He never frowns or appears upset. Now the big question here is - so much patience and efforts for some old broken scrap articles..Well that's what his business is all about..and he values it...He has to keep himself motivated and engaged in all his business activities and there is no escape route for him..

So nowadays whenever I feel FRUSTRATED, I catch a glimpse of him from my balcony or while on my way to office. This self motivator of mine is totally unaware of my muse towards him and is busy right now bargaining on some rusted iron dabba with one of his customer.

We all know this feeling of so called self misery (especially experienced on Monday mornings) is not completely curable..but this notion will give you some relief from it..Just look around and you'll also find a self motivator for you..though not too big or too famous..but relatable.. :-)

Please like us and comment on -  https://www.facebook.com/moralmodernandmiddleclass

No comments:

Post a Comment