About Blog

this blog is dedicated to all the people out there..who are stuck in their clichéd everyday life...but are true ROCKSTARS in their alter egos...(Do you see a Mark Zuckerberg or a Beyonce..when you look at yourself in the mirror??)...I do ..:-) The unusual but identifying stories of a middleclass girl trying to survive in this moral and modern world....:-)

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Dilwale Dulhania and it's after effects..


Last week while fooling around in Mumbai, I came across the famous Martha Mandir...and those who don't know...Maratha Mandir, though being a modest cinema hall is famous  for still playing the movie Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (or better known as DDLJ) from the day it released...can you imagine almost after 16 - 18 years ....and still the shows goes house full on weekends...Well watching DDLJ at this particular venue have always been in my Mumbai itinerary ..though have not succeeded till now.. (thanks to my sibling..who is more interested in his afternoon beauty nap)...

I was in my teens when I first watched DDLJ and from then it has always been an integral part of my life..The story, background, music, characters, romance and everything it had.. which a girl can ever imagine
courtesy - in.com
in her own love saga (ya I thought so)...But the most crucial ones for me were the Bauji and Raj.....Bauji or Amrish Puri because my father had a very similar demeanour like him (he has softened a lot now) ...and I always felt that Aditya Chopra took some inspiration from him while portraying the character. You know when you are a teen you hate every rule of your parents..feel frustrated, bound, rebellious and....imagine in that moment there comes a person who is your saviour, a knight in a silver armour..who will save you from all the miseries of your teenage life (school, tuition, exams, pre-boards seemed to be the apocalyptic events then).. Well that was Raj for me..and trust me Shahrukh has not left a single stone unturned in portraying that character.. Raj..who was synonymous to the picturesque Switzerland, mandolin, hat, cowbell, sarson ka khet..and everything musical and sweet...I endlessly dreamt about him and Switzerland....I always felt that somebody as romantic as Raj was my future...(and no I am not being paid by Yashraj Films for this)...

I know a lot of you might be thinking....whether I met my Raj or not? Well..in a kind of way ya...the only difference...Switzerland being replaced by network switches, cowbells by chat pings ..and project management jargons are the key components of our romantic talks...(more coming soon on this)..but  so what Raj & Simran can also exist in the valleys of networking and project management...right!!

By the way, we all know there is an emergency chain pulling system in our trains...but I think Raj being a foreigner might not have noticed that....poor Simran...:-)

Please like us and comment on -  https://www.facebook.com/moralmodernandmiddleclass

No comments:

Post a Comment