About Blog

this blog is dedicated to all the people out there..who are stuck in their clichéd everyday life...but are true ROCKSTARS in their alter egos...(Do you see a Mark Zuckerberg or a Beyonce..when you look at yourself in the mirror??)...I do ..:-) The unusual but identifying stories of a middleclass girl trying to survive in this moral and modern world....:-)

Tuesday 15 July 2014

A love story...untold..


They met when she was just sixteen and he was twenty four. It was an arranged marriage extended to a span of three-four days. Though he was eight years elder to her, she felt they made an instant connection as they talked about their future. And still after fifty years or so they were at the same place loving, caring and trusting each other. This love story belongs to my grandparents or my nanaji and amma (as we all call them fondly). 

My maternal grandparents played a very crucial role in my upbringing. We use to spend almost all of our summer vacations with them at their place i.e. a remote picturesque village somewhere in Madhya Pradesh. And they used to shower all the love and care in this world on us. I have very distinct memories of asking nanaji to get me something in a very odd hour of the day or urging amma to make some dish in middle of a summer afternoon with no electricity around. And they both used to do it all without being upset on a single occasion.

As I grew up, I saw and understood the amount of love they had for each one of us in the family. And I realised that reason for them being so was their own happy and content relationship. No matter what the situation was, I never saw nanaji raising his voice on amma ever, contrary to his image of a strict school headmaster. No matter what everyone asked for, the food amma prepared was always according to the likes and dislikes of nanaji. To avoid any discomfort to nanaji, she rarely visited her mother's house and the visits always lasted for meager two-three days. Anybody who have been to my grandparents' house felt so much loved and cared for. Can you imagine...fifty years of marriage and not a single fight in front of the kids...no frustration, nagging or bad words for each other??   

pic courtesy - humansfree.com
Unfortunately, amma suddenly left him, us and this world sometime back..just after completing their fiftieth wedding anniversary. Not even thinking for once..What this man will do sans her? How would he survive without her after fifty years of their companionship? Who will tell him...where his clothes are or where his medicines are? I can't even describe in words the impact of her absence on my nanaji...He has not left their house for a single night after her. Sometimes I feel he's waiting for her to come back or dreaming about their good old days.

Throughout my life, I have always seen them as a couple..as my grandparents (a plural entity)...now what can I do to get them back?...I want to again complete this favourite love story of mine... tell me what do...Please!!

Please like us and comment on -  https://www.facebook.com/moralmodernandmiddleclass  

No comments:

Post a Comment